Wednesday 9 February 2011

Singing, Spaced and Skins

I have already broken my resolution of once a week blogging partly because of a disaster cinema trip a couple of weeks ago, but also partly because of a massive amount of drinking last Friday and Saturday night. However, I did have an amazing weekend! My time has unfortunately been taken up with a huge amount of work too and the ridiculous pressure of We Will Rock You which the first performance of is next week. I am absolutely terrified and have a horrible feeling that the role of the Killer Queen will not be played worse after my performance!
As I, unlike usual, have very little to say about films this week, I will try to fill this post with whatever pops into my head,
  so I apologise in advance for any rambling or jumpiness! I bought Adele’s new album 21 which is absolutely beautiful. Not only is the first single Rolling In The Deep amazing there are loads of other songs which are incredible. I love Rumour Has It and One and Only but my favourite song has to be the beautiful Someone Like You. I must have listened to it about 30 times at least and I only bought it on Saturday! It makes me almost cry every time I hear it and I am now singing it at our sixth form show, hopefully I might be able to do it some small amount of justice. I also listened to her set at Radio One’s Live Lounge and her cover of Promise This was the first time I’ve heard a Cheryl Cole song and not been irritated!
I have also spent my time re-watching old series’ of things online and have concluded after watching all of the first series of Skins the new one is atrocious. Despite the fact that Will Merrick, who plays Alo, is from the town where I live and everyone is madly excited by this, I still miss Sid and Tony! Also, I think that it has had to tone down which makes it less interesting and because the first series was so controversial it's difficult to keep it going this long. The acting isn't brilliant either and in my opinion the story lines are definitely not up to scratch, but I don't know what anyone else thinks, I have yet to hear a positive opinion of it to be honest. I also had a bit of a geeky day and watched all of the second series of Spaced which I think is a very underrated sit-com, with absolute genius from both Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes. I love how full of pop culture jokes it is and had forgotten just how funny the episode discussing how appalling the Phantom Menace was! Also, I like the occasional surrealist comedy aspects especially those with Brian the artist, like I said I just think it's very underrated.
Hopefully, my blogging will come back with full force this week and I might even try and make up for lost time with a few more than just one post a week. Also, I have just set up a LOVE Film account so I'll definitely be watching more films in the near future and might have more to talk about without the enormous cost of going to the cinema every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment