Saturday 26 February 2011

Berlin and Breakfast at Tiffany's



Well I have fallen in love with yet another European city and this time it’s Berlin. I just got back yesterday after a wonderful three days of enjoying German history and German beer! Obviously I went to all the typical tourist sights and also took some quite good photos. Also, got to the amazing Olympic Stadium, it was so vast and massive but a very nice stadium nonetheless and despite the freezing weather conditions it was well worth it. I managed to stay up until 4.30 every night so that was quite an achievement and had lots of fun drinking with the people from the German and Spanish schools in the hotel bar. Who new Vodka and lemonade was so cheap in Germany or that it improves your language speaking so much??!!


It was generally just a very enjoyable trip and although I spent the majority of my money on alcohol I successfully managed to do very little shopping in an attempt to save money after my recent Blackberry purchase. The only material ting that i bought was a poster found in a brilliant record shop. It’s a poster of the original Breakfast at Tiffany’s poster and I am so glad I bought after nearly holding off as it looks amazing in my room!

Buying it also made me really want to re-watch the film as I haven’t seen it for ages so that was the first thing I did when I got home after catching up on some sleep! I forgot just how good it is. To be honest I love every film with Audrey Hepburn in but I think this has got to be my favourite. It’s a classic. I absolutely adore all the sets and costumes and they’ve inspired me to make sure I visit as many vintage shops I can fit in when I go to London in a few weeks. I think some Holly Golighty style pearls wouldn’t go a miss but I also want to try and find some objects for my room because it is looking quite bare. I’m not really very good on vintage in London though really so I’ll just have to explore!

I am also definitely going second hand book shopping and if I can find it I might buy the novella of Breakfast at Tiffany’s because I am quite intrigued to see how close to the film it is. I think it will be interesting to see whether the novella itself is a classic or whether the transferal to screen is what makes it so brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment