Monday 20 December 2010

Winter Days

I am glad that the snow has waited until today to properly start across the country, causing cancellations of trains, planes and road closures as it has meant that my weekend plans were uninterrupted. I was able to get to both my night in at a friends with a curry on Saturday and a Christmas house party last night - not bad all in all. However, it does mean that for the next few days I could be fairly housebound which will produce some trouble with regards to my Christmas presents. I have now resigned myself to the fact that many of my presents will not have arrived in the next four days and have resorted handmade gifts. Luckily I have already started work on some Christmas bunting for my mum and am thinking possibly a teddy bear for my sister and might be really cheapskate and make some cakes and burn some CDs for everyone else.


I have spent the last week or so enjoying some winter moments snuggled up inside with films, books and music though and look forward to more of this if the snow continues. I watched Mathieu Kassovitz's La Haine the other day as it is the film which I will be studying for my final french written exam in the summer. It tells the story of three guys living in the banlieues of Paris and their journey of survival and their search for justice. The film really is beautiful it is all in black and white and is a brilliant example of French cinema at its best and I am really looking forward to studying in more detail.

My music listening has also increased despite the devastation I faced last week of discovering that my iPod has reached its full capacity (fingers crossed for a bigger one for Christmas!) I have now caught up on my Chris Moyles Show Podcast listening after having not listened for about eight weeks, I think it is my favourite things which you can get for free and is amazing value for money! Also, I got the re-release of Ellie Goulding's album Bright Lights which is brilliant. Her cover of Your Song is my favourite song at the moment and I love the video so much! I also re-listened to the Mumford and Sons album Sigh No More which is brilliant and I find it is perfect to listen to at this time of year. I am also loving Laura Marling at the moment and I am going to buy her album as soon as I possibly can and also another favourite song of mine is Lauren Pritchard's cover of Waterfalls which is amazing.

Despite all this inside time I've been having the snow has meant that I can take lots of pretty pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment