Sunday 16 January 2011

Burlesque


So the tradition of my friends and I going to the cinema once a week (unless it is something really rubbish showing) has truly begun and I can see myself becoming steadily more broke this year as a result. This week we went to see Burlesque with the amazing and brilliant Christina Aguilera and Cher. Once again I was surprised by how good this film was and I can’t wait for it to come out on DVD!

The music and dancing was amazing throughout and Christina Aguilera’s voice was incredible; I need to buy the soundtrack ASAP. I also thought that the costumes were beautiful, it really showed a huge amount of glamour and it looked like a Broadway show. Although the story wasn’t perhaps the greatest ever written and it was a bit like just Cher and Christina Aguilera in a film, for the most part you could look past that. It was saved by good performances from Kirsten Bell, Grey’s Anatomy’s Mc Steamy, Eric Dane and the gorgeous Cam Gigandet who made the film just with a box of cookies, those who have seen it will definitely understand! Also it wasn’t necessarily a film designed to win an Oscar for acting. It was generally just a good film and I really enjoyed it.

I am also really looking forward to the Golden Globes which is on in the early hours tonight, which will inevitably lead to a post later in the week and it isn’t long until the Oscars either. But the next film I’m going to see is Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan next week which I am really excited for because it looks really good, I have been reading every review I can get my hands on and I’m looking forward not just to see how Natalie Portman handles the character of Nina who gradually loses her mind but also to see her ballet performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment