Friday 12 August 2011

Deathly Hallows Part Two

I thought I'd published this and it should have been posted two weeks ago but for some reason I didn't! Anyway I have seen it! It is something which is dividing the world into two different sections, those who haven't and those who have. I apologise for my Harry heavy posting at the moment but it is undeniably extremely important, so I will say my piece about the film and then leave it at that, most likely forever.

The Deathly Hallows Part Two was the perfect way to finish the series and I was even able to look past the omissions from the book as I loved it so much. There were, of course, as with all the Harry Potter films, startling problems. I was particularly disappointed with some of the deaths and felt that the death of Fred Weasley, which for me was a crucial moment in the book that had me in floods of tears, was skimmed over and not given enough attention. Also the flash forward scene was in my opinion not done well at all and huge chunks were again missed out and characters were not quite fulfilled. However, I think that the final battle sequence surpassed itself and was done very well. Despite the tense and at times fairly scary scenes the comfortable humour of the Potter franchise wasn't lost and neither were its characters. This was especially seen with Neville Longbottom and I think that Matthew Lewis gave his best performance yet, and potentially the best of the film. I also was pleased Snape's death and 'revelation' worked so well and it was very effective and genuinely moving.

Despite all these flaws though I thoroughly enjoyed the film. As ever the sets were incredible and I thought that the 3D was used very well. The series truly went out with a bang and I will certainly, along with many others miss what has been a large part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment